We are looking for technicians to join our team at Barkman Appliance! As a family-owned business, we are committed to providing a level of service that includes integrity, honesty, and quality through expertly trained staff. We are committed to providing a safe and constructive team environment where we can learn from each other but also have fun at work.
Barkman Appliance is an authorized service center providing appliance repair services to residential customers in Southeast Manitoba. We are looking for full-time Appliance Technicians to join our team. Our Values: problem solving, open communication, teamwork, family & friends (We work to live, not live to work, at Barkman Appliance, we currently do not work evenings or weekends). If you’re not from the Steinbach area, no worries, as we have employed techs from multiple communities in Southeastern Manitoba including Winnipeg.
We are looking for someone to join our team. It might be you if any of this resonates with you. You are looking to join a team that is fun and cares about you. You are looking for a change. You have grown tired of city traffic or a long commute. You have experience in appliance repair, or you have started your training and are eager to develop it further. You find yourself helping your friends and neighbors fix their appliances and odd jobs around their house. You are looking for a career, not just a job.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- You’ll contribute to the success of the company by diagnosing, assessing, and repairing a variety of appliances in businesses and residences across southeast Manitoba.
- Through your assessment, you’ll provide recommendations to customers on how to resolve their issues in a way that benefits them.
- You’ll be mentored and coached while also providing that same teamwork, coaching and mentoring to others.
- You’ll provide invoices and take payment and order parts, as needed.
- You’ll contribute to the team by repairing appliances in the shop and assisting with other shop-activities, as needed.
Here is what makes you stand out from the crowd:
- Previous experience(fully trained/certified or started into training)
- A working understanding of electricity
- Background in property maintenance, beneficial but not necessary
- Personable and patient
- Able to lift 50lbs, work overhead, move appliances, work in tight or confined spaces, and work in customer’s home.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Possess a valid Manitoba drivers’ license.
- Available Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Here are some of the things you can expect if you decide to work with us:
- A competitive salary, TOP wages for our industry in Manitoba
- Health Spending Account
- Annual vacation allotment
- Personal use of company vehicle, including gas allowance for commuting to and from work regardless of home location
- Company-paid cell phone
- Initial (and ongoing) training, mentoring and coaching
- Use of specialty tools unique to the industry
- Annual tool allowance
- No weekends or evening shifts
- Continued opportunity to grow your knowledge and value with our team.
We would love to meet you. Please send your resume to Brad Barkman at email@example.com. We appreciate you taking the opportunity to consider this position and for submitting your resume.